Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Letter by Majid Dori from Exile: “The Behbahani People Have Broken My Solitude”

November 2, 2010 – Majid Dori, the imprisoned *starred student banned from continuing his education, was recently exiled from Evin to Behbahan prison, a [location] that is one thousand kilometers away from the residence of his parents. Majid will now have to complete the remaining five years of his prison sentence in Behbahan. In his latest letter, however, Majid does not speak of the thousand kilometers distance between him and his parents. Instead, he informed them that he is not alone.

Majid told his family that he no longer feels alone; that he is amongst the warm and kindhearted Behbahani’s who are happy to meet a freedom-fighting student activist and have accepted him with open arms. Though Majid Dori has traveled kilometers, he cries out loud: “I am not a stranger here, I don’t feel as though I am in exile. I salute you from behind the thick walls of Behbahan prison and say: “I too am a Behbahani. The citizens of Behbahan have accepted me with open arms.”

According to Kaleme, the complete content of Majid Dori’s letter is as follows:


The Behbahani People Have Broken My Solitude


May he who stands in the way of you and I becoming us, see his home destroyed;

In the name of freedom; the freedom which I roared and for which I was deprived of a right to eduction;

In the name of freedom; the freedom which I screamed and for which I was imprisoned;

In the name of freedom; the freedom which I uttered and for which I was sent to exile…

In the name of freedom; the freedom that once tasted, [now] makes you immune to chains, imprisonment, exile and execution;

I salute freedom! I salute the innocent blood that was shed in its pursuit;

I salute the lives we lost for the cause of freedom.

On Saturday morning, they transferred me from Evin to Behbahan prison. I have been charged with Moharebeh “enemy of God” and sentenced in Judge PirAbasi’s courtroom; a courtroom where my lawyers and I were deprived of the opportunity to present a defense.

Receiving the Moharebeh sentence evokes fear in any human being. I became a Mohareb because I refused to live like an animal. If defending the right to education, the undeniable and inalienable right of every individual is waging war against God, then I am a Mohareb. If helping political prisoners, if showing compassion and sympathy toward their families is waging war against God, then I am a Mohareb. If publishing the names of those who have been killed and arrested and obtaining legal representation for those who have been arrested without cause and taken to undisclosed locations by unknown individuals is waging war against God, then I am a Mohareb. Yes, I am a Mohareb. No matter when or where, I am proud to be a Mohareb; this war is worth fighting as it is in the pursuit of freedom.

Do you believe that if people hear that I have provided comfort to families of political prisoners, supported a lonely prisoner, and published the names of those who have been killed and arrested, then they will belittle and humiliate me? Do you truly believe that incarceration and exile can stand in the way of humanity?

Those who came to power as a result of fraud, lies and denial and have entrenched themselves through suppression and intimidation will resort to anything in order to remain in power. Those who view every humane act as evil, every critical thought as an act by a Mohareb, and every innovative idea as destructive have no choice but to use endless suppression as a tool to silence the masses.

Here is to a new dawn that will bury the darkness in the dungeons of history, ensuring that the perpetrators of these crimes are brought to justice. May God help those who must stand before the people tomorrow and be accountable for their inhumane acts. If only they would at minimum adhere to the slogans they chant to others and the laws they so often make references to; if only they would practice what they preach and what they claim to be legal.

I have now been transferred to Behbahan prison in southern Iran, a prison that lacks medical and cultural facilities. When I first arrived I never believed that I would be able to continue, to endure the conditions in a prison where prisoners co-exist regardless of their crimes. I didn’t think I could survive in a prison where there are no political prisoners, where most prisoners have committed crimes such as murder, drug trafficking and theft. I thought I would be alone and out of place…

But the warm and familiar voices of the Behbahani’s warmed the frozen blood in my veins. When the Behbahani’s came to the prison gate on visitation day and asked to see me, the thousand kilometer distance between me and my family was no longer unbearable.

I was no longer alone. I no longer feel as though I am in exile. Today from behind the thick walls of this prison I pay my respect to every single one of them and say to my parents, “Father, mother, I am not alone here. My Behbahani fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters shattered my feeling of loneliness and exile. I can now proudly cry out, I too am a Behbahani! The citizens of Behbahan have accepted me with open arms. I salute their honor and dignity!”

I look forward to the day that as a result of our efforts and suffering, you and I become us…..

Majid Dori
November 2010 Behbahan Prison

Edited by Maryam NY: *Editor’s Note: The system of issuing stars against students was developed by Iran’s Ministry of Advanced Education so students with disciplinary issues would get penalized. After a student collects a certain number of stars, he or she is banned from education. The system is primarily used against student activists.



نامه مجید دری از زندان بهبهان :مردم این شهر حس غربتم را شکستند

سه شنبه, ۱۱ آبان, ۱۳۸۹
چکیده : صدای آشنای بهبهانی ها چنان گرمایی داشت که خون منجمد شده در رگهایم را به جریان انداخت.آنگاه که در روز ملاقات پشت در زندان آمدند و خواستار ملاقات با من شدند و نگذاشتند فاصله هزار کیلومتری خانواده ام در نظرم جلوه کند،انگار به عیان دیدم زنّار را بر کمرهایشان و تاج خار را بر سرهایشان که می درخشید.پدر!مادر! من اینجا تنها نیستم و می توانم فریاد کنم:من یک بهبهانی ام!مردم بهبهان!مرا بپذیرید .درود بر شرفتان!

کلمه :مجید دری ، دانشجوی محروم از تحصیل چند روزی است که از زندان اوین به زندان بهبهان تبعید شده است. زندانی که از محل زندگی خانواده اش هزار کیلومتر فاصله دارد . مجید پنج سال باقیمانده از حبس اش را به عنوان یک دانشجوی ستاره دار باید اینجا بگذراند .اما مجید از فاصله هزار کیلومتری نامه می نویسد و به مادر و پدرش و همه می گوید که تنها نیست. این که در میان استقبال گرم بهبهانی هایی که از دیدن یک زندانی حق طلب خوشحال شده اند و به دیدنش می آیند ،دیگر احساس تنهایی نمی کند . او کیلومترها را درنوردیده و فریاد می زند :« غریب نبودم و غریبه نبودند و از اینجا، از پشت دیوارهای ستبر زندان بهبهان به همه سلام می کنم و می گویم :من یک بهبهانی ام!مردم بهبهان!مرا بپذیرید.»
به گزارش کلمه، متن کامل نامه مجید دری به این شرح است:

چه کسی می خواهد

من و تو ما نشویم؟!

خانه اش ویران باد…

به نام آزادی که آن زمان که غریوش زدم از تحصیل محرومم کردند؛آن زمان که فریادش برآوردم در زندانم افکندند و آن زمان که به نامش خواندم،تبعیدم کردند .

به نام آزادی که چون زنّار می توانی هم سلکان و هم پیمانانت را بشناسی و به تاجی که به گمانشان از خارست و بر سرت نهاده اند،افتخار کنی که دلق مرقّع،به زِ ریش مرصّع!

به نام آزادی که هرگاه گلویی یک بار طعمش را چشید،حبس و تبعید و اعدام و زنجیر برایش بی اثر می شود.
سلام بر آزادی!سلام بر خونهای پاکی که به پایت ریختند و سرهای والایی که به راهت رفتند و عمرهایی که در آبیاری درختت سپری گشت.

چندی پیش یعنی صبح روز شنبه از اوین به زندان بهبهان آوردندم.حکمم محارب بود و در بی دادگاه قاضی پیرعباسی  نامی که حتی اجازه دفاع به من و وکلایم را نداد محکوم شدم .
'
مصادیق حکم محاربه ام تن هر انسانی را می لرزاند!محارب شدم از آنرو که نخواستم ونتوانستم حیوانی زندگی کنم .اگر دفاع از حق تحصیل که حق مسلم و غیر قابل انکار هر فردی حرب است،من محاربم!اگر کمک به زندانیان سیاسی و تفقد و دلجویی از خانواده هایشان حرب است،من یک محاربم و اگر جمع آوری اسامی کشته شدگان و بازداشت شدگان و گرفتن وکیل برای کسانی که معلوم نیست توسط چه کسی،کجا و چرا دستگیر شده اند حرب است،من یک محاربم.باری!من یک محاربم و در هر زمان و هر مکان به محارب بودن خود می بالم و افتخار میکنم که این جنگ آیا شرف ندارد به صد صلح؟!

به گمان تان اگر کسی بشنود از خانواده زندانیان دلجویی کردم و به یک زندانی غریب کمک کرده ام و اسامی کشته شدگان و اسیرشدگان راجمع می کردم،بر من می شورند و تحقیرم میکنند؟آیا تصور می کنید با حبس و تبعید می توانید جلوی انسانیت بایستید؟!

آنانکه با تقلب و دروغ و انکار آمدند و با سرکوب و تهدید و ارعاب به گمان شان تثبیت شدند برای ادامه از چه کارها که استفاده نمی کنند !آنان که هر عمل انسانی را شیطانی و هر تفکر منتقد را محارب و هر اندیشه نوگرا را مخرب معرفی می کنند،چاره ای جز استفاده از این دست ابزارهای بی حد و حصر سرکوبگر ندارند.

باشد که طلوعی دیگر رخ بنماید و سیاهی را در سیاه چال تاریخ دفن کند وعاملان و آمرانش به سزای انسان ستیزیشان برسند و در این میان بدا به حال آنان که فردا باید پاسخگوی اعمال غیر انسانی شان در پیشگاه مردم باشند.کاش دست کم به شعارهایی که برای دیگران می دهند و به قانونی که از آن دم میزنند پای بند باشند و دست کم نسخه ای را رعایت کنند که برای دیگران می پیچند و قانونی میخوانندشان .

اکنون به زندانی منتقل شده ام که تفکیک جرائم در آن صورت نپذیرفته است.زندانی که از کمترین امکانات بهداشتی و فرهنگی محروم است.زندان بهبهان.زندانی در جنوب کشور.آنگاه که وارد شده بودم وهنوز گرد غربت را از تن نزدوده بودم،هیچ تصوری از ادامه نداشتم؛ادامه تحمل زندان،بدون تفکیک جرایم.در کنار زندانیانی که هیچ یک سیاسی نبودند با جرایمی مثل قتل و مواد و سرقت…تنها و غریب…

اما صدای گرم و آشنای بهبهانی ها چنان گرمایی داشت که خون منجمد شده در رگهایم را به جریان انداخت.آنگاه که در روز ملاقات پشت در زندان آمدند و خواستار ملاقات با من شدند و نگذاشتند فاصله هزار کیلومتری خانواده ام در نظرم جلوه کند،انگار به عیان دیدم زنّار را بر کمرهایشان و تاج خار را بر سرهایشان که می درخشید…

دیگر غریب نبودم و غریبه نبودند و حال از اینجا، از پشت این دیوارهای ستبر به یکایکشان عرض سلام و ادب و احترام می کنم و به پدر و مادرم می گویم:

پدر!مادر!اینجا من تنها نیستم.پدر،مادر،خواهر و برادران بهبهانی ام حس غریب غربتم را شکستند و می توانم فریاد کنم:من یک بهبهانی ام!مردم بهبهان!مرا بپذیرید .درود بر شرفتان!

به امید روزی که با زجر و تلاش،من و تو ما بشویم….


به امید آن روز….
خاکسارتان
مجید دری
آبانماه ۸۹/ زندان بهبهان

No comments:

Post a Comment