Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It Had Only Been Two Days... By Shiva Nazar Ahari

It had only been two days. I had started a dry hunger strike, thinking I might as well go all the way... I was behind bars yet again; interrogations, blindfolds a confession letter... Once again the same corridors, the same prison cells... My own handwriting a reminder of that summer.... incarceration yet again...walls yet again...

It had been two days when I fell to the floor in the bathroom. I had heard that it takes at least 3 days for a dry hunger strike to knock you out. Yet, it had only been two days when I fell to the ground and the prison guard pulled me across the floor while supporting me under the elbow and led me to my cell - and as I lay under the blanket, my clothes wet, shivering in the bitter cold of winter, I fell asleep. The prison guard asked me if I wanted to go to the infirmary, to which I replied: "No".

It had been two days when I fell to the floor as a result of lack of food and water. I was sleepy the entire day. I was shivering under the blankets. I stared at my shaking, lifeless hands. My legs had no strength to traverse the length of my prison cell.

It had only been two days....

I thought I was going to die in my cell and while on hunger strike....

... and now, it has been 5 days that a group of honorable men at Evin have given up on everything in protest, without any demands. It has been 5 days and Abdollah's body has given in and he has been forced to visit the prison infirmary.

Starting tomorrow, more and more of the honorable prisoners on hunger strike will join the list of those forced to visit the infirmary....

I am reminded of that ominous morning when the phone rang and I heard the cries delivering the news of Akbar Mohammadi's death....

I am reminded of the day when the phone rang and the news of Hoda Saber's death shattered my grieving spirit...

I am once again reminded of my shaking hands.. my body that yearned for water and food. I am reminded of myself back then... a person who had no other desire but freedom.... dead or alive....

12 honorable men have given up all food....

I fear the sound of a ringing phone...

I am afraid that it will once again ring and bring me to my knees...

Shiva Nazar Ahari
Source: Shiva Nazar Ahari's FB: http://on.fb.me/isoA08

دو روز گذشته بود.گفته بودم، اعتصاب خشک باشد که زودتر قال قضیه کنده شود.دوباره زندان، بازجویی و چشم‌بند.مصاحبه، ندامت‌نامه! دوباره همان راهروها و همان سلول‌ها. دست خط خودم یادگاری مانده از تابستان. دوباره حبس. دوباره دیوار.

دو روز گذشته بود که توی حمام. افتادم روی زمین. شنیده بودم اعتصاب غذا،خشک که باشد، 3 روزه آدم را می‌اندازد زمین. د...و روز گذشته بود که من خوردم زمین و نگهبان کشان کشان زیر بغلم را گرفت و توی سلول زیر پتو، وقتی با لباس‌های خیس و سرمای زمستان لرز کرده بودم، خوابیدم. گفت برویم بهداری. گفتم نه..

دو روز گذشته بود که زمین خوردم از بی آب و غذایی. خوابم می‌آمد تمام روز. می‌لرزیدم زیر پتو. دست‌هایم را نگاه می‌کردم که انگار جان نداشت. می‌لرزید. توان نداشت پاهایم برای طی کردن طول سلول.

فقط دو روز گذشته بود.

فکر می‌کردم. می‌میرم اینجا. توی اعتصاب.

حالا، 5 روز است که مردانی در اوین لب بسته‌اند بر همه‌چیز. بی‌هیچ خواسته‌ای. تنها برای اعتراض. حالا 5 روز گذشته است و جسم عبدالله یاری نکرده. باید برود بهداری.

از فردا، یکی یکی به جمع بهداری روندگان اضافه می‌شود.

یادم می‌افتد به آن صبح شومی که تلفن زنگ خورد و خبر مرگ اکبر محمدی، هوار شد روی سرم.

روزی که تلفن زنگ خورد و خبر رفتن هدی صابر، روح عزادارم را تکان داد.

یادم می‌افتد. به دست‌هایم که می‌لرزید. به بدنم که آب می‌خواست و غذا. به خودم که خواسته‌ای نداشتم جز آزادی یا زنده یا مرده. به آن روزها.

12 مرد، لب بر غذا بسته‌اند.

می‌ترسم از هر چه صدای تلفن است.

می‌ترسم زنگ بخورد و تمام مرا فروبریزد

شیوا نظر آهاری

No comments:

Post a Comment